Rust Game developer at Matchday at Matchday
Rust Backend Game developer at Matchday
📝 Apply at <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Matchday builds games for ⚽️'s 5 billion fans. Join a team that has scaled products to hundreds of millions in revenue, exited multiple companies, has unrivaled DNA in the football space, and backed by top investors. Learn more here.
About the Role
The Matchday Game Studio is in search of our first backend engineer. We are looking for someone who has experience shipping production quality backend services. As an engineer at an early stage startup, you will be wearing multiple hats while leading design and implementation efforts in your domain. You will be an expert in new technologies related to gaming and backend services. You are clearly characterized by progressive and extensive technical experience. You have also kept your technical skills sharp and bring unwavering passion for managing the dynamic of a fast-paced environment.
At Matchday, the Game Studio Engineering team is a specialized and cross functional team of Frontend and Backend engineers. The Backend Engineering team is responsible for providing the game specific backend services and communication to the Platform services.
We are passionate about creating finely polished and intuitive experiences and, at the same time, obsess over performance and reliability of what we build. We challenge the status quo and strive towards finding the best way to solve problems.
Our very small groups keep processes and overhead low, so we have a lot of trust and accountability to perform the work required to build the best product.
- Design, and implement modern backend services
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand requirements
- Define, and ensure best practices
- Work with Ops- & Platform-team to ensure stable operations
- Understand core metrics to optimise workload, and anticipate issues before they become a problem
- Help grow the team, and define rituals & processes
- Good understanding, and proven application of at least 3-4 programming languages (e.g. C++, C#, Scala, Rust)
- Solid knowledge of AWS and it's services (e.g. EC2, S3, DynamoDb)
- Strong experience with building high load, distributed backends
Nice to haves:
- 7+ years of experience in backend development
- Existing experience in Rust
- Previous game development experience
- Basic understanding of web3 technologies
- Love for Football
Other Rust Jobs:
Rust Developer (Multiple openings - remote possible)
or Brussels, BelgiumRustAlgo TradingTradingmarket making
Senior Automation Software Engineer
Portland, USA/Remote (remote 💻)automationcistresstestcodereview
Qumulo Software engineer
Senior Back-End Engineer
UK, Ukraine and Remoteengineerbackend
Senior Blockchain Security Analyst
United States and Western Europe (remote 💻)blockchainsecurityremote